* Identity Theft * Email Scams * Phishing Tips * Ebay Fraud * Dating Scams * Fake Websites * Bogus Job Offers * Web Scams *

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

ART SCAM


With all of the thousands of scam emails circulating, I cannot post them all. They all have the same thing in common: Money. Always promising large amounts of money in some way- but in reality stealing from us.
The same rule always applies: NEVER EVER SEND A STRANGER MONEY. That's it. Do not be blinded by what is offered through an email- A job, an 'inheritance', lottery, products, etc. The following email is a different twist on the same garbage. This one involves paintings. Read on, and pass the word along to anyone who may believe that these emails are real!


*****SCAM EMAIL*****


Message from gerald:
Gerald Mat Gallery
Registration number 3699677
VAT registration number 832 6732


Hello, I hope this email meets you in good condition of health, but I feel quite safe dealing with you in this mutual beneficial transaction. Though, this medium (Internet) has been greatly abused, I choose to reach you through it
because it still remains the fastest.

I am Gerald Matthews and I draw and paint for a living, I am 33 years old and have been drawing for 13 years. I am married with 2 kids. I have a vacancy in my company. As I am just setting up in the USA I will be requiring a financial
representative to work on a part time basis. I sell Arts all over the world,have sold to galleries and to private collectors, I am always facing serious difficulties selling my art works to Americans, they are always offering to pay with either Money orders/cashiers check, which is difficult for me to cash here in United Kingdom. I just need some one that could help me, this position will not take up your time nor will you have to use your own resources for the
position. The job does not entail anything stressful; you can do this while you still continue with your full time job or school. All you need is to devote about 5 hours of your time in a week in a given period of time. The payment will
be sent to you via regular mail or FedEx. When you get these payments which are for my paintings, you will cash it at your bank, deduct 10% of the money for your effort and have the rest wired to me via western Union or money gram.

Also you will need to have a BANK ACCOUNT where the check can be cleared and most important you need to be HONEST with me, my painting starts from $2500USD and above and this contract will last for about 6 months till am fully established in the USA. Kindly let me know if you will be interested in the Job Offer, all replies should be emailed to:gmatthewsarts@XXXXX

Best Regards
Gerald Matthews
gmatthewsartss@XXXXX


*****END OF SCAM EMAIL*****

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i got almost the same scam email. it's interesting how they reuse the same grammatically incorrect phrases over and over.

Resources Navigation