* Identity Theft * Email Scams * Phishing Tips * Ebay Fraud * Dating Scams * Fake Websites * Bogus Job Offers * Web Scams *

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

What Alibaba Says About Fraud

This week, my focus has been on fraud occurring through trade sites like Alibaba.com. I contacted Alibaba.com recently, concerning fraud that occurs through their site. This is the email I wrote to them:
I wrote an article in your forum about the dangers of paying via western union, and I also started an internet fraud help website. I know that you are only a website that offers buying & selling leads, and that you do not get involved from there. I love Alibaba, and know that it is one of the best websites in the world. However, there are so many scammers, it is ruining Alibaba's reputation at the least. I feel that there is a way to get a handle on it, and this is my idea:

Similiar to the feedback system on Ebay, there could be a feedback section added for members to leave a feedback comment for the person/company that they just did business with. I believe that this cuts down on fraud in a huge way.
The members solve most of the problems among each other through feedback, and Alibaba has less to do because the thousands of fraud emails that pour in will dramatically decrease.

Thank you for your time,

Angela Schvaneveldt


And They Responded With The Following:

"Dear Ms. Angela Schvaneveldt,

Thanks for your email.

It is Alibaba's great concern to get rid of frauds or scams on Alibaba. But it is a very difficult and long way for us to find an effective way to rip off them completely as Internet frauds and scams are existing and circulating on Internet for quite a long time.

If you are aware of any parties sending spams or engaging in possibly fraudulent activity, please notify us immediately about their email addresses or links on our website.

Meanwhile, thank you for your suggestion. We will forward it to the related department for their reference.

If you have any further question, please feel free to contact us"


I am trying everyone. I will do all that I can to make a dent in the scammer's profits, and protect the honest through information. Together we will make a difference!











Socialhook Bookmark

0 comments:

Resources Navigation