* Identity Theft * Email Scams * Phishing Tips * Ebay Fraud * Dating Scams * Fake Websites * Bogus Job Offers * Web Scams *

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Example Of A Scam on A Popular Social Networking Site


The following ad is a scam setup.....looking to bait the first sucker. I will point out the red flags......



"I want a boy for cybersex my mail nathaly18x@gmail.com


About

Type:
Fashion & Style

Location:
USA, California
los angeles, saint 12

Desription:
Hi, my name is nathaly I´m 18 years old and I look for boy to practice cybersex, I advise you I don´t accept your first words are:
- Offensive.
- 'Connect the webcam and undress'.
Also everybody must send an email to nathaly18x@gmail.com because I'd like to know something about the person who I want to practice sex. If anybody add to messenger without send me an email forget contact with me.
I have boyfriend and I just want to practice cybersex or ocasional meeting (I'm living alone on a flat). Obiously I must need discretion.

I'm waiting excited your answer.
XXX"

1. Notice the black border on the top of the picture. What is that about!
2. This ad was posted in 'Fashion & style", and it is supposed to be a group to join, not a sex ad
3. Read the words. Someone who does not speak very good English wrote that ad!
4. "I am living alone in a flat" - What the hell is a flat? I live in L.A., as does this 'alleged' person in the ad. We do not call places we live 'flats'. Ever.
5. Of course, it is a new profile on the social networking site, with no friends, no info, zip.
6. A gmail, hotmail, & yahoo email accounts are widely used by scammers, so always be skeptical when you see these free email contacts. Note: I said WIDELY used. Not completely. I have a yahoo account!




Looking out for the good, by exposing the bad. Protect Yourself. Be Informed.

0 comments:

Resources Navigation