* Identity Theft * Email Scams * Phishing Tips * Ebay Fraud * Dating Scams * Fake Websites * Bogus Job Offers * Web Scams *

Friday, March 14, 2008

Mashable.com Scammer Alert !!

Today I logged on to my Mashable account, and I have the same message sent to me that I have seen already a dozen other times. This is what is says:

"Comment request from kate121
Message: Hello Dear, I saw your profile today in this site (www.my.mashable.com) and i stopped to take a very good look at it. I want you to know that i will be intrested to know you better because you sounded very sweet in your profile and i will like us to become friends and know eachother the more. Here is my email address (ukwak@yahoo.com) send me an email today please! Yours forever, kate. (Remember that distance,age or colour does not matter in a real relationship but love matters alot). I am waiting for your reply now"

And to my horror, when I checked my 'friend requests', this person had already been 'accepted' as my friend. ?? I did not accept this person! So I changed my password & deleted their info from my page.


Again.....the 'red flags' here are the misspellings, and the chosen words........"(Remember that distance,age or colour does not matter in a real relationship but love matters alot)"

Typical scammer statement, trying to earn trust. Be careful out in cyber space people!

0 comments:

Resources Navigation