* Identity Theft * Email Scams * Phishing Tips * Ebay Fraud * Dating Scams * Fake Websites * Bogus Job Offers * Web Scams *

Saturday, April 21, 2007

A Good Example Of A Fraudulent Email

HOW IRONIC IS THIS:

I set up a new email solely for this website, and today I had 2 emails.....a welcome message from yahoo, and the second is below:

Attn:The President/Director,

Friend, (Note the "Friend" greeting)

I am Mr Martin Konan, the director in charge of auditing and
accounting section of a prime bank here in Ivory Coast.
First, I must solicit your confidence in this transaction, this is by
virtue of it's nature as being utterly CONFIDENTIAL and TOP SECRET.
Though I know that a transaction of this magnitude will make anyone
apprehensive and worried, but I am assuring you that all will be well
at the end of the day. We have decided to contact you through your box due
to the urgency of this transaction. (Always urgency, before you figure out its a scam)
Let me start by first introducing myself properly to you. I am
Mr.Martin Konan director in charge of auditing, in the bank here in Ivory
Coast. I came to know of you in my private search for a reliable and reputable
person to handle this confidential business which requires maximum confidence.

THE PROPOSITION: A foreigner physician of 68 years old, late Dr.
GEORGE BRUMLEYJr, from Atlanta ( USA ) an Oil Merchant/Contractor with the
Government of Libya, until his death in KENYAN air crash in July 2003
with his entire family; Banked with us here at "the bank, and had a balance
of USD$ 12.5m (Twelve million Five hundred thousand USD) which the bank
now expects a next of kin to claim as beneficiary,
Valuable efforts are being made by the "bank" to get in touch with any
of the BRUMLEY'S family or relatives but to no success. It is because of
the perceived possibility of not being able to locate any of Late Dr.
GEORGE BRUMLEYJr next of kin {he had no wife nor children that is known to
us}.The management under the influence of our Chairman and members of the
Board of Directors, are making arrangement for the funds to be declared
"UNCLAIMED" and will be lost to the Government or subsequently be
donated to the Trust Fund for Arms and Ammunition to further enhance the course
of war in West Africa.
In order to avert this negative development, some of my colleagues and
I now seek your permission to have you stand as a next of kin to Late Dr.
GEORGE BRUMLEY Jr so that the funds USD$ 12.5m (Twelve million Five
hundred thousand USD) would be released and paid into your account as the
beneficiary next of kin.
All documents and proofs to enable you get this fund will be carefully
worked out. We have secured from the probate an order of mandamus to
locate any of deceased beneficiaries and more so we are assuring you this
business is 100% risk free involvement. Your share stays while the rest would be
for myself and my colleagues for investment purposes. According to
agreement within both parties.
We have resolved that 30% of this money will be for you as foreign
partner, in respect to the provision of a foreign account, 5% will be set aside
for expenses incurred during the business and 65% would be for me and my
colleague.
There after I and my colleague will visit your country for disbursement
according to the percentages indicated. If this proposal is acceptable
by
you do not make undue advantage of the trust we have bestowed on you,
then
kindly get to me immediately. For more informations about Dr. GEORGE
BRUMLEYJr tragic story, please search the following WEB SITE:
http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/africa/07/20/kenya.crash/index.html (including a real article to make it sound legit)


Yours faithfully,
Martin Konan.

martin_konan1@hotmail.com (Free Email Address)

ASK YOURSELF THIS QUESTION:

1. WOULD YOU TRUST A COMPLETE STRANGER IN ANOTHER COUNTRY WITH A LARGE SUM OF MONEY?





_________________________________________________________________

0 comments:

Resources Navigation